Now I don't know the legal merits of the case (it appears that the MNEA's by-laws support its position in the case), but this reminds me of a recent National Review article I read recently (here) upon John Bolton's resigning as U.N. Ambassador. Former Education Secretary Bill Bennett was referenced in the article as follows:
As education secretary in the second Reagan term, William Bennett fought what he liked to call “the education blob,” or simply “the blob”: the teachers’ unions, the ed schools, the entire entrenched establishment. As U.S. ambassador to the United Nations, Bolton fought the U.N. blob: the permanent bureaucracy at Turtle Bay, the permanent bureaucracy at the U.S. State Department, all of the U.N.’s many apologists and anti-reformers.If nothing else, the plaintiff, Kristy Carr, is challenging "the blob" of apologists and anti-reformers for sub-standard public education. And by that I don't mean most public school teachers--whom society expects to do more than simply educate children. To Kristi I say, you go girl.
No comments:
Post a Comment