Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Homosexual movement remix

Interesting report about new tack in the homosexual marriage movement: Media training for homosexual couples with children. Training helps gay families win hearts. From the article:
"'Family is something most people in the country can connect to,' [Program Trainer Jennifer] Chrisler said. 'We're at the point in the battle where we have to pull people emotionally into what our struggles are.'

That may require changing the way gay and lesbian people talk about the issue.

Instead of appealing for 'marriage equality,' parents should talk about what it means to be barred from marriage. The term 'discrimination' should be shelved and replaced with the more concrete idea of 'hurting,' Olson told the parents in San Francisco. And while there are more than 1,000 rights and legal benefits conferred with marriage, conversations about the emotional and social benefits are more persuasive, she said."
No question the whole, "marriage equality" line of argument hasn't worked out so well.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This website may be informative to your readers, it has a list of 'gay bands'to be avoided. The website warns:
"One of the most dangerous ways homosexuality invades family life is through popular music. Parents should keep careful watch over their children's listening habits..."

Here's are some composers and musicians that are forbidden:

Ravi Shankar, Frank Sinatra, Cole Porter, The Rolling Stones, Ted Nugent, Metallica, Kansas, The Doors ... to name a few.

Beware the of homosexuals!!

ned said...

I doubt it will be informative to readers of this blog--and that's old "news" . . . either you or some other commienter posted something about it a couple weeks ago.

Anyway, yest, that's a cheesy site. But that being said, even the majority of homosexuals don't wish their experience on others, right?

Anonymous said...

Guess you've never been to a gay bar.

Actually, I think plenty of men would enjoy "their experience" in a threesome with a couple gay/bi women. You? I don't mind 'wishing that experience' on ya Ned.

(I hope this doesn't get 'moderated.')

ned said...

Yes, Hollywood-ish portrayals of such situations do seem to have an allure--but surely you won't be surprised to know I view the act of sex differently than you.

Anyway, I guess we can now officially ignore the who-in-their-right-mind-would-choose-to-be-gay line of argument routinely trotted out?