"Yet wisdom is vindicated by all her children."
--Jesus
Sunday, January 14, 2007
The politics of embryonic stem-cell research
Since it's in the news of late (isn't the Dems First 100 Hours exciting!?), here's a great article (from Slate Magazine) about the issue of embryonic stem-cell research and how the issue excites Democrats in ways other than you would expect.
3 comments:
Anonymous
said...
Thanks for this link, Ned. I am actually researching for a paper I have due this week on stem cell research for my grad class. One interesting quote I just found was by Ron McKay at the National Institutes of Health. In a Washington Post interview he defended why scientists are unwilling to correct the exaggerated claims of the medical potential of embryonic stem cells by saying, "To start with, people need a fairy tale. Maybe that's unfair, but they need a story line that's relatively simple to understand."
3 comments:
Thanks for this link, Ned. I am actually researching for a paper I have due this week on stem cell research for my grad class. One interesting quote I just found was by Ron McKay at the National Institutes of Health. In a Washington Post interview he defended why scientists are unwilling to correct the exaggerated claims of the medical potential of embryonic stem cells by saying, "To start with, people need a fairy tale. Maybe that's unfair, but they need a story line that's relatively simple to understand."
I didn't mean for that to be anonymous - but for some reason it wouldn't let me just post as myself.
Kori
Don't mention it . . . I only get annoyed at bomb-throwing, hectoring (thanks for that word Kat) "Anonymous" people.
Post a Comment