"I hold no grudges nor harbor any hard feelings. I don't have it in me to even address what just happened in my life as a 'Left Eats Its Own,' as it has been framed over and over again. I got caught up in the petty rat and tat of online political discussion, complete with barbs and low blows, but I am no longer able to do that. I just don't care anymore. It was never healthy. And it certainly doesn't matter." (emphasis added)I'm not trying to drag Brittney into a discussion (much less an argument), and I never expected her to agree (certainly not in a public way) with my previous assertion (here also, sort of) that this was an example of a nutroots feeding frenzy. But I am confident in saying: the events that led to her leaving NiT were an over-the-top reaction, that this is a Leftwing phenomenon, that Brittney is certainly Left of center in the views she espouses or espoused. Thus, this was an example of the Left "eating its own."
There could be any number of reasons it is characteristic of the Left, the innocuous ones being the on-the-lower-end-of-the-maturity-scale nature of the internet coupled with the Leftwing dominance of the internet, but I think it is hard to deny that this was not out of character. Again, I don't expect to see Brittney fall victim to this sort of thing again, but I don't expect the street-fighting tactics of the Left to change.
No comments:
Post a Comment