"Lately it seems all the leading presidential candidates are discussing their religious and moral beliefs — even when they would rather not.You ought to read the whole thing, but I think it is incorrect to insinuate that George W. Bush's religiosity is an "appeal" in the same way as that of people like Hillary, Obama and Edwards. Edwards' spokespeople can't even say where Edwards attends church. I'm just sayin' . . .
Indeed, seven years after George W. Bush won the presidency in part with a direct appeal to conservative religious voters — even saying during a debate that Jesus Christ was his favorite philosopher — the personal faith of candidates for the 2008 election has become a very public part of the presidential campaign."
Update: By the way, I had a total of 30 minutes internet connection over the weekend (and a very busy schedule) so I was surprised to hear Rush talking about this subject today and to learn (here) that CNN had provided a
Ironically, Hillary predictably made the following statements during the "forum":
"I come from a tradition that is perhaps a little too suspicious of people who wear their faith on their sleeves." She went on: "A lot of the talk about and advertising about faith doesn't come naturally to me."
3 comments:
It's what you have to do to play the game. How do you think a self proclaimed atheist would do in politics? Not so good in America where half of people believe god created man in his present form.
Being a good politician is about being a public relations expert.
BTW - What do you think of Bible Park USA proposed for Murfreesboro? And the Creation Museum in KY where kids learn that dinosaurs rode aboard Noah's ark?
And the Creation Museum in KY where kids learn that dinosaurs rode aboard Noah's ark?
Woah, Woah, Woah...I thought Dinosaur bones were put there by the devil to cause Christians to doubt the Word. I'm starting to question the accuracy of this so called "Creation Museum"...
William,
I understand your point, but--especially in the realm of assertions about one's religious beliefs, don't you think sincerity is significant? My point stands, I believe. "Fooling" voters isn't a [legitimate] part of the "game," is it?
I haven't heard of the Murfreesboro thing, but the Creation Museum sounds fine--I wonder if they use slivers of evidence to reach exclusive and expansive conclusions about things like Evolutionists do?
Touche Sean; but maybe you don't know as much about the Creation Museum (and the assertions of mainstream non-Evolutionists) as you thought.
Post a Comment