Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Brittney on my mind . . .

Sorry, but Brittney Gilbert came to mind when I read an email I received from Dan Miller at 48 Days to the Work You Love today (caution: the preceding link will take you to material that is sort of religion-based).

Here's the pertinent paragraph:
"Here’s another eagle example that relates to a real life situation many of you have experienced. As I wrote to a client recently, uncertainty, frustration in or even losing a job or business can often be simply a prod to a higher level of success.

The eagles build a nest using thorn bush strands to lock it together. Then they cover them with leaves and feathers to make it soft and comfortable. However, when the eaglets are about twelve weeks old, mom and dad eagles begin to remove the protection from the thorns. Pretty soon the little eaglets are up on the edge of the nest to avoid the pain and discomfort. Then mom and dad eagle fly by with tasty morsels of food just out of reach. Soon the little eaglet makes a big leap to get away from the pain and the hunger, and you know what happens – rather than the anticipated crashing on the rocks below, he learns he can fly."
On a side note, I was encouraged to read the other day that the Bald Eagle is primed for removal from the Endangered Species List.

No comments: