Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Huckabee passes McCain in Iowa poll

I'm pleasantly surprised to see that Mike Huckabee has passed John McCain in a recent Mason-Dixon poll of "likely caucus-goers" in Iowa. (here) In a way, this doesn't surprise me, given McCain's past disdain for the GOP base and his current disdain for sane Immigration policy. Add to this his disdain for the Ames Straw Poll, and I think it shouldn't be that big of a surprise. Of course, this is probably more a story about McCain's descent than anything else, but it is nice to see what appears to be an ascent for Huckabee.

I read one Lefty blog that mistakenly claimed McCain's declining poll numbers have something to do with his support of Bush's Iraq strategies . . . uh, I don't think so. I plan to post more about this later, but this reflects the Left's incomprehension of the GOP voter's unwillingness to leave the President out on a limb in the face of outrageous attacks from the Left. Bush may be a failed military strategist, but he's not evil or a criminal, and he's our failed military strategist.

No comments: