Friday, June 01, 2007

Ingraham, Chavez and now the Blonde Bomber

I just came across this interesting audio from the Laura Ingraham show of an interview she did with Linda Chavez. chavez.mp3 (audio/mpeg Object). Based upon a stat that illegal immigration estimates appear to have decreased in the U.S. since 2001, Linda Chavez claims that "this [illegal immigration] is a manufactured crisis." I agree that some people demagogue this issue, and I am not as in knots about it as some, but this is a serious problem and it has come to a boil, regardless of the purported recent decline in illegal immigration. But there is no justification for the kind of rhetoric being used by some supporters of this most recent Immigration Reform proposal. As an aside, Chavez was almost Dubya's Labor Secretary, but she had an illegal immigration crisis of her own). Another aside, I wish Ingraham's show could be picked up in Middle Tennessee.

This story reminded me of Peggy Noonan's most recent op/ed taking Dubya to task for tearing the GOP asunder.

UPDATE: Ann Coulter's op/ed on this subject is splendid.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

She's on XM 166 starting at 11AM CST. M-F.

As if it's any consolation, she's "the spark" in a 24 hour a day snoozefest for conservative talk radio by XM.

ned said...

Do you think paleoconservatives and/or theoconservatives are likely to be hip enough to have XM?