Friday, June 08, 2007

Trustin' they don't use Google in the heartland

In one of my various Google Alerts (the one for Brownback and Huckabee) I am daily deluged with hits including "Brownback" and "Huckabee" and "evolution" and "dismissively-telling-presidential-candidates-to-raise-their-hands-to-simplistic-questions." I've always contended that the "blogosphere" represents a left-of-center, narrow slice, of a small segment of the population, but this Google Alert stampede has reminded me of how unrepresentative of the population online media truly are.

Don't get me wrong . . . people are free to write and say whatever they want about public policy (unless it relates to a guy who happened to be African-American and popular with Liberals), but the hard secular Left appears oblivious to how offensive its message is to the average voter (not to mention its mean-ness). I'm not cowed by the many unscientific, illiberal pronouncements from "scientists" on the Left about things like Evolution and Global Warming, and I don't suspect I'll be following their political lead anytime soon. But many in the Heartland who sometimes vote with America's Left-of-Center Party would be surprised to know what leaders of said party "believe" about a lot of things. I'd like to hear some good "hardball," follow-up questions on the subject at a future Democrat debate . . . average voters probably aren't getting daily reminders of this truth via email.

No comments: