I remember the jovial greetings from Lefties to one and all of the Conservative or Republican nature: Merry Fitzmas! Visions of White House indictments danced in their heads . . . of course, they were only "visions." But I digress.
It appears that Federal Prosecutor Patrick Fitzgerald is prevailing before the Supreme Court on behalf of "the people" to uncover who in the Federal Government leaked confidential information related to anti-terrorist funding investigations. Unlike the "Plame affair," this is a real leak . . . of truly confidential information . . . motivated by truly political machinations . . . intended to thwart efforts to protect America's interests.
Merry Fitzmas, indeed!
Hello world!
7 years ago
3 comments:
"Unlike," you say.
Me? I'm glad when ALL traitors are persecuted, not just the ones I don't happen to like, politically.
If you think tapping U.S. citizens' phones with no record or oversight whatever of its being done is a good idea, you might prefer a one party state -- not GOP, but Communist China, or the old USSR. If that's true, I'm sorry that I have to call you a countryman, 'cause you don't believe in any America that our founders would be proud to claim as heritage.
.
Hey Jeffraham Prestonian, did your evenhandedness extend to the impeachement of Clinton? After all, perjury and subornation of perjury are felonies.
JP, you're mixing up your ImpeachBush bullet points. This isn't related to the terrorist wiretapping "scandal."
But, let's play anyway. Phone calls to suspected terrorists outside of the U.S. aren't protected by the U.S. Constitution. Just as American soldiers in Afghanistan don't have to leave a paper trail or get a judge's permission to kick in the door of a suspected terrorist hideout.
And there was no treason involved with the Plame affair; though Joe Wilson's efforts during time of war to undermine a commander-in-chief, for purely partisan reasons, before and after his wife's role became public, certainly was borderline. The ruse surrounding his wife's purported "outing" served to distract from the real scandal.
Your rhetoric is hysterical on several levels.
Post a Comment