Monday, August 13, 2007

Throwing stones at The Daily Dish

Andrew Sullivan, in deriding the fact that evolution skeptics may have constituted a majority of voters (and I guess organizers?) at the Ames Straw poll, impugns either the intelligence or the character of those who haven't adopted an Evolutionary theory of Origins. The Daily Dish:
"And we trust these same Republican activists to run the Iowa caucus, where they'll pick the man who could be the next president?"


Hat tip: The American Spectator.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ned --

A question: Why are so many Christians afraid of the Theory of Evolution? What's there to be afraid of? If some form of evolutionary process is how God chose to create man, who are we to argue? Pretty much His call, right?

Sharon Cobb said...

http://www.comedycentral.com/motherload/?ml_video=91746

The above link is to Colbert. Huckabee was a surprise guest last night.

ned said...

Thanks for the tip, Sharon.

ned said...

Roger,
Sorry for the delay in responding--I thought I already had, and just noticed that it wasn't showing up.

I don't think "afraid of" is the precise description for what I feel. Based on various scriptural references it is logical to literally interpret the Genesis account of life's origins. As a result, I am less inclined to accept the naturalistic explanation/theory of Origins hook, line and sinker, regardless of derisive comments from the Jon Stewarts or Bill Mahers of the world.