Friday, August 10, 2007

How much time should she do? . . . not on my frontal lobe

I have heard some buzz lately about the "Pro-choice" NIRH's new pro-abortion PR campaign, "How time should she do?" It seems to some like this is some secret weapon type of question as it purports to reveal the rank hypocrisy of Pro-lifers who can't answer the question. I think they're misoverestimating the punch of the campaign, frankly. But my basis for thinking that wasn't obvious until I mulled over this op/ed on the subject.If Abortion Were Illegal - HUMAN EVENTS. It's kind of a long piece, but this was the particular sentence that stood out to me:
"The pro-life purpose is not to judge or punish women in crisis situations -- but to preserve life, extend compassion, and provide emotional, spiritual, and physical support."
Of course, this statement seems incredible to someone who favors abortion on demand, but that blind spot is what is giving NIRH so much confidence.

I don't volunteer in a crisis pregnancy center because I think women should be barefoot and pregnant or need to learn their place or don't often face difficult choices--choices with which I can only partially sympathize. So, yes, I would have likely stammered if pinned down for an answer to the question, "How much time should she do?" I and most Americans think that abortion, like suicide, is something we ought to try to deter. I think that reality is lost on the folks at NIRH.

No comments: