I don't want to be flippant about this (or too snarky), but it is interesting to read more about the impact of No Child Left Behind. (Article - "Early NCLB data show no improvement for schools"). Now it seems that the Conservative aspects of one of Bush's early "achievements" (depending on your perspective) are starting to kick in.
The uncertainty of the policy's enactment is interesting . . . the impact of the potential "market" reforms is interesting. But I need to be plain in stating that I don't really see how you can blame Pedro Garcia (from the relatively little I know about him and the specifics of Nashville's system) for the problems with public schools in Nashville. He can't be parent to every child coming through the system. We're spending plenty of money. It is the ideological bases for decision-making in the system, and there is a large contingent of folks in "the system" who won't allow things to change.
Hello world!
7 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment