Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Rove v. David Gregory

I had heard some buzz (not much, frankly--it has been a busy week) about Karl Rove's appearance on "Meet the Press" (w/ David Gregory guest-hosting). So tonight I watched the youtube broadcasts of Rove's appearance, and I have to say he_ate_Gregory's_lunch.

Now, his appearance didn't have to be a debate or a showdown, and I really don't think it is appropriate for journalists to set up such a thing (tough questions don't have to be contentious), but that is definitely the stance that Gregory took in the appearance. So, that's how I judged it. Judge for yourself . . .

Here's part 1, part 2, part 3 and part 4 for your viewing pleasure.

Watching the interview, I think that Rove is remarkably plain-spoken and remarkably effective at crafting a message; and ironically he was much less of a spin-meister than the panel of journalists who followed him.

No comments: