One other great line from the debate (from Mike Huckabee) was his response to Jim Gilmore's dig on taxes.
("GOP Candidates Go for the Jugular in Feisty Primary Debate") Gilmore (apparently) coined the term Rudy McRomney as a way of dismissing the top-tier of candidates, and when asked by Chris Wallace to make his case that Rudy, Mitt and John aren't sufficiently Conservative, Gilmore said Huckabee had raised taxes. Huckabee responded (aside from a substantive defense of his support of a tax increase devoted to "infrastructure"):
"'It's a form of flattery to be attacked but I wish my name would get in the moniker. ... I could use the bump,' Huckabee said, adding that he doesn't apologize for getting 94 tax decreases while being a Republican governor in a Democratic state, even though he raised gasoline taxes in his state."
I don't think you can learn "timing," and Huckabee seems to have it.
No comments:
Post a Comment