E.J. Dionne (okay, I skimmed through his archives in one sitting the other night--catchy titles!!) has written a glowing article about Australian PM John Howard and how he is working a strategery that would benefit the GOP in America. But what I got from the article is that Howard is simply an excellent communicator.
This article from NationalReview.com highlights Bush's challenge (both personally and subject-wise) in communicating a compelling vision for his strategy in the GWOT. Because of the laziness of the audience (the American public), the President has to be a great communicator--to be able to cause the audience to learn. Dubya certainly will not get any assistance in communicating his vision from the so-called MSM.
(Incidentally, as I've observed the candidates vying for Bill Frist's seat, I believe that Harold Ford, Jr.'s potential in this race is owning to his excellent communication skills--vacuous ideas, when communicated or delivered well, will often win a popularity contest over simple truths poorly stated.)
Hello world!
7 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment