I hesitantly clicked on the link reading "Wal-Mart envoy quits after racist remarks" because I wasn't eager to read a story legitimately or illegitimately (especially the latter) bashing Wal-Mart. Well lo and behold, it was a racist series of comments from Andrew Young! Is it even possible for a Liberal icon to be a racist?
Of course, this story will taste bittersweet to many on the Left who will say it was more offensive that he worked for Wal-Mart (the company the Left loves to hate) than that he made a bigoted statement.
Hello world!
7 years ago
4 comments:
Say it ain't so...Andrew Young? Just the other day, we liberals were talking about how great Andrew Young was such a big Icon. I guess now I'm going to have to take down that Andrew Young shrine I had in my bedroom.
You're right . . . I was probably hasty in asserting that Libs would have icons (seeing as it implies worship).
And possibly I should have qualified my post by noting that Sean Braisted (and many Lefty bloggers) were in grammar school during Young's heyday.
Ned, I don't care how old he is...LBJ and FDR are "Icons" of mine. But some Mayor of Atlanta in the 80s, does not neccessarily reach "Icon" status.
Post a Comment