I just read that U.S. Senator Barbara Boxer says she thinks impeachment of Bush should be "on the table."
Uh, Senator Boxer, it is not an impeachable offense to get elected while Republican. It surely is offensive (to a Liberal) to have people expressing Conservative viewpoints and it may be offensive (to a Liberal) for people not to let you impose statism on the citizenry, but it's not an offense. Heck, it's beautiful. Too bad we can't impose "benchmarks" on Liberal Congresses.
Hello world!
7 years ago
10 comments:
Ned,
Boxer and her ilk have been dreaming of impeachment ever since the Republicans embarrassed Clinton with impeachment. It is the only way to certify that future history will hold the Bush Administration as illegitimate like their hardcore base does.
Keep it up!
I agree; I think it is clear that the Left has been intent on labeling Bush a "liar" for similar reasons.
Yea? Would you like to compare the number of books, articles, town councils, city and state legislatures that favor the impeachment of Bush and Cheney compared to the the same that urged impeachment of Clinton? Not even close.
Clintons actions resulted in perjury about sex. Bush, a half milion deaths, 4.2 million refuges, and a half trillion spent. You have the balls to compare?
Did I mistakenly imply that I thought Bush had lied?
There's no question that Clinton did, is there?
But to your "point"; of course Clinton's horndogginess is pretty tame in comparison to the accusations against Bush (actually, even some of the accusations are hollow, but I digress).
And since you'd like to blame Bush for all the bad things that have happened (ever?), it's interesting how much death and destruction could have been averted if Bill Clinton was doing his job and not watching the polls and/or watching for interns' thong panties ?
It was Clinton's fault we were attacked on 9/11.
Anti Terrorism Director Richard Clarke repeatedly asked for a meeting with Bush on the bin Laden threat but was denied.
The PDB Bush received a month before 9/11 was entitled "bin Laden determined to strike in US" mentioned specifically:
* "a Bin Laden cell in New York was recruiting Muslim-American youth for attacks"
* "Bin Laden wanted to hijack a U.S. aircraft"
* "patterns of suspicious activity in this country consistent with preparations for hijackings or other types of attacks, including recent surveillance of federal buildings in New York."
* "Bin Laden implied in U.S. television interviews in 1997 and 1998 that his followers would follow the example of World Trade Center bomber Ramzi Yousef"
The amazing thing is that Tenet warned Bush 40 times. Yes, count them - 40 times bin Laden was mention in Presidential Daily Brief's from March 23-Sept 10, 01. For example:
* April 20, '01 briefing entitled: "Bin Ladin planning multiple operations."
* May 16 - "Bin Ladin supporters were planning an attack in the United States using high explosives."
* May 17 - "UBL: Operation Planned in U.S."
* June 22 - "intelligence suggesting a possible al Qaeda suicide attack on a U.S.target."
* A terrorist threat advisory distributed in late June indicated a high probability of near-term "spectacular" terrorist attacks resulting in numerous casualties. Other reports' titles warned,"Bin Ladin Attacks May be Imminent" and "Bin Ladin and Associates Making Near-Term Threats."
* June 25 - Clarke warned Rice and Hadley that six separate intelligence reports showed al Qaeda personnel warning of a pending attack.
* June 28 - Clarke wrote Rice that the pattern of al Qaeda activity indicating attack planning over the past six weeks "had reached a crescendo." "A series of new reports continue to convince me and analysts at State, CIA, DIA [Defense Intelligence Agency], and NSA that a major terrorist attack or series of attacks is likely..."
* July 5 - CIA briefed Attorney General Ashcroft on the al Qaeda threat, warning that a significant terrorist attack was imminent. Ashcroft was told that preparations for multiple attacks were in late stages or already complete and that little additional warning could be expected.
* July 23, the lead item for Counterterrorism Security Group discussion was the al Qaeda threat,and it included mention of suspected terrorist travel to the United States. Tenet told Bush that "the system was blinking red." By late July, Tenet said, it could not "get any worse."
What did our commander in chief do after receiving these dire warnings for months? He went on vacation - for a month.
So... the next time you hear fellow wingnuts blaming Clinton for 9/11, review a little history.
Yea, I saw "Fahrenheit 9/11," William. But thanks for the reminder.
I can only imagine the howls from the Left if Dubya had started his war for Oil/halliburtoncronies/revenge/religion/destraction/themJews without even so much as a pretext for it like 9/11, can't you?
Clinton wasn't responsible for 9/11 but neither was Bush . . . Jihadists were.
Look in the mirror next time you accuse someone of having a mental disorder, chump.
Oh, by the way, I don't give a rat's patootie whether 100 town councils in Vermont (and the SF Commission!!) have voted to impeach Bush.
It's not an impeachable offense to outpoll a Democrat . . .
Bush lied again yesterday:
“The same folks that are bombing innocent people in Iraq were the ones who attacked us in America on September the 11th and that’s why what happens in Iraq matters to the security here at home.”
Whether or not guys in Al Qaeda caps were in Iraq before 9/11, they certainly are there now and they certainly are bombing American soldiers. Not a lie.
And folks not beset by BDS will concede that Iraq is pertinent to the war against Jihadists--just ask the #2 man in Al Qaeda. Not a lie. But thanks for visiting, William.
It's not an impeachable offense to outpoll a Democrat . . .
I don't recall that being one of the mentioned reasons for impeaching Bush. While I agree with you about not impeaching Bush, I don't think making up stuff like that helps your argument much.
Gee, Coco, I thought I saw that reason somewhere . . . I guess Dems calling for impeachment are more earnest than I thought!
Post a Comment