News from the Left Coast that Al Gore, III's legal troubles have been expeditiously
gotten out of the headlines settled.
My Way News - Gore's Son Pleads Guilty in Drug Case.
He pleaded guilty Monday to two felony counts of drug possession, two misdemeanor counts of drug possession without a prescription, and one misdemeanor count of marijuana possession, the district attorney's office said.
Jaime Coulter, senior deputy district attorney, said Gore's sentencing will be continued until Feb. 7. If he has complied with all the conditions of the diversion program, the sentencing will be continued again for another year, with charges possibly being dropped in 2009.
I am SHOCKED with the speed that this has been handled, especially since Gore got such a favorable disposition . . . this is probably the strongest evidence I've seen yet that Gore the Dad wants to run for President. Nevertheless, diversion of sentences is not uncommon in criminal cases, but I do wonder whether a defendant should get multiple chances to have charges--especially felonies, to simply disappear from someone's record. After all, this isn't Gore's first chance at showing he will follow our laws:
"The son of the former vice president and Democratic presidential nominee was previously arrested for marijuana possession in Maryland in 2003, when he was a student at Harvard University. Gore completed substance abuse counseling to settle those charges."
2 comments:
So what do ya think he should get? How much time?
Also how much time for this crime?
I didn't say that he should "get time." But I do think he is entitled to start building a little criminal record, don't you?
Regarding penalties for abortionists and women who get abortions, that's a difficult issue. I--generally speaking, have sympathy for women in a crisis pregnancy, and I don't think that threat of punishment will deter some women from getting an abortion; however, that doesn't mean that our laws need to provide for abortion-on-demand, at taxpayer expense, performed in drive-by abortion clinics.
Contrary to the verbiage in the post over at TGW, we could choose whatever penalties or combination of penalties we want. We don't have to treat abortionists the same as the patients. We don't have to put someone in jail for breaking the law. Just like we treat some types of homicide differently than others, we could do the same with abortion.
Gee, William, could it be that Authoritarian Cultists have somewhat of a nuanced view on this issue? that maybe they feel compassion despite having strong convictions on the issue?
Post a Comment