The Tennessee Center for Policy Research has researched how consistent Al Gore's lifestyle is with his lecture Al Gore's Personal Energy Use is His Own "Inconvenient Truth."
Now, I personally use as much energy as I want (and can afford), but I'm not preaching otherwise. Any doubt that Gore is a Limousine Liberal?
Hello world!
7 years ago
5 comments:
Aim your swiftboats at someone who's a threat, Al Gore isn't running.
Al Gore has emerged as an American hero. His wisdom has been vindicated by the scientific community. The pathetic attacks on him wreak of jealousy because of his Oscar. What will they do if he wins a Nobel Prize?
From thinkprogress.org:
1) Gore’s family has taken numerous steps to reduce the carbon footprint of their private residence, including signing up for 100 percent green power through Green Power Switch, installing solar panels, and using compact fluorescent bulbs and other energy saving technology.
2) Gore has had a consistent position of purchasing carbon offsets to offset the family’s carbon footprint — a concept the right-wing fails to understand. Gore’s office explains:
What Mr. Gore has asked is that every family calculate their carbon footprint and try to reduce it as much as possible. Once they have done so, he then advocates that they purchase offsets, as the Gore’s do, to bring their footprint down to zero.
It’s the latest in a series of desperate attacks by Drudge to paint Gore as a hypocrite.
These are the lengths that climate skeptics must go to suppress action on global warming. There is no meaningful debate within the scientific community, so the right-wing busies itself with talk about how much electricity Al Gore’s house uses — and even then they distort the truth.
PS ... I posted this also on Terry Frank's blog - she deleted it.
Classic GOP denial syndrome.
Jon, Swiftboating, Borking, I guess it's all in the eye of the beholder. And I will admit that it pains me--and I'm guessing others like me, to see Gore win (actually, that's one reason he won, I'd say) this award. I don't enjoy seeing or hearing fawning media coverage of him much less seeing or hearing him.
But I'm unimpressed with the thinkprogress defense--if he's not running and if the "attacks" are so illegitimate, why even respond? And I certainly understand purchasing offsets (all us'un rawtwhangers ain't dat stoopid).
In light of Gore's near-religious positions on Global Warming and his pushing the purchase of carbon offsets, I'm kind of reminded of the Bible verse "Obedience is better than sacrifice, and submission than the fat of rams."
But can we assume from the press release that Gore's "footprint" is zero? And what exactly will Kyoto accomplish if it is enacted? Less than a tenth of a degree celsius? Not worth it, Jon, but it sure would make all the Limousine Liberals in Hollywood and NYC feel like they're doing something.
"PS ... I posted this also on Terry Frank's blog - she deleted it."
Well, that or she's got more important things to do, and isn't moderating messages at this hour. But do you mean that you are recycling comments?! I guess that's sort of green . . . whatever.
Hey it happened to me too - on the Iraq 'uranium discovery story' - I posted an explanation why it was a bogus non-story and Terry Frank deleted it. I've had the same thing happen to me on Mark Levin's site. I think Jon is right, GOP denial syndrome. Ignorance is essential in the Republican War on Science.
BTW ... with any issue that is politicized, I believe there is a bit of undue hysteria generated by the Gore contingent... not that I doubt the scientific consensus. Personally, I've only got 40 yrs or so left on this planet so, I'm not hysterical. Maybe I'd care more if I had kids and was living in FL on ocean front property. I agree though, the swiftboating is pathetic. Good title for a new post.
Post a Comment