As I watch the Tampa Bay Rays struggle to finish off the Boston Red Sox (after blowing their 7th inning, 7-run lead), I was thinking about the difficulty Senator "Present" is having in finishing off John McCain.
Obama Hasn't Closed the Sale - WSJ.com
7 comments:
Yes, why oh why can't the Obamessiah manipulate time-space to jump ahead 19 days and finish off John McCain? If he can't manipulate the laws of physics, can we really trust him to lead?
McCain/Beckett '08
Sluggish economy. Unpopular war. Eight years out of the WH. Charisma-less opponent. Still polling within the margin of error?
+6.8 in the RCP aggregate is within the margin of error?
A war hero who is known as the maverick can't beat the biracial son of an African citizen who lived in Indonesia, who admits to "doing a little blow," who is the "most liberal member of the Senate"?
Why does John McCain suck so bad?
Well, I guess Americans aren't as racist and nativist and generally bigoted as you guys think.
But who said McCain can't beat Obama?
Ned,
I guess Americans aren't as racist and nativist and generally bigoted as you guys think.
We guys don't think the majority of Americans are racist. Now, nativist...you are getting closer.
But who said McCain can't beat Obama?
I'm just going off this silly notion that Obama can "close the deal" at any point before November 4th at 7PM PST.
I hear you . . . it just seems that this is pretty much an ideal set of circumstances for a Democrat; consequently, it appears that the circumstances, not the candidate, are giving Obama the lead thus far.
Well, in 1980 all the indicators showed an easy Reagan victory, but the national polls showed it tight, or with a Carter lead, up until the last week or so of the campaign. And that was with a candidate who had already run for President once, and been Governor of the largest state in America for nearly 10 years.
Who knows what will happen, but right now, even the most modest predictions on RCP show Obama winning the electoral college pretty handily.
Post a Comment