There's a fascinating series of articles in Wired magazine ("Inconvenient Truths: Get Ready to Rethink What It Means to Be Green" about a myriad of contradictions in modern-day Environmentalism. Hat tip The Corner.
Here are the 10 "Green Heresies":
-Live in Cities
-A/C Is OK
-Organics Are Not the Answer
-Farm the Forests
-China Is the Solution
-Accept Genetic Engineering
-Carbon Trading Doesn't Work
-Embrace Nuclear Power
-Used Cars — Not Hybrids
-Prepare for the Worst--Climate Change is Inevitable
Hello world!
7 years ago
4 comments:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/7417123.stm
its a conspiracy
-wy
That's a funny article, William. Lots of double talk. Kind of conundrummy, I'd say.
I guess you don't have any substantive comment about the articles in the post (or didn't take the time to read them)?
no
Actually,the organic article is interesting. although organics are less efficient and sometimes more stress on the environment, i often opt for them for health reasons as i am a heavy consumer of leafy greens. The only dairy product I eat, and very occasionally, is organic butter.
Post a Comment