The writer fawns over Charlie Crist, dismisses Bobby Jindal and all-but-ignores Joe Lieberman. From the article:
Crist, 51, provided a major boost to McCain prior to Florida's Jan. 29 primary with a well-timed endorsement.D'oh! Forgot to mention that Jindal was a 3-term congressman and atypically (for LA) won a governor's race going away.
Elected governor in 2006, Crist has been seen as a moderate Republican. He has championed efforts to curb climate change, and was praised by former President Clinton for his efforts to restore voting rights of felons who have completed their sentences.
He also pushed for a law that requires a paper trail in state elections, a measure that bans the electronic voting machines his predecessor, Gov. Jeb Bush, sought after the 2000 presidential election. That election ended in a hotly contested recount, which President Bush won by 537 votes.
Jindal, 36, son of Indian immigrants, was elected governor of Louisiana in October 2007. He had served as secretary of the state health department.
Among other guests expected were Sens. Joe Lieberman, I-Conn., and Lindsey Graham, R-S.C., close confidantes of McCain.
Charlie Crist will get all the buzz he is getting for one reason . . . the so-called MSM likes him.
6 comments:
Hi Ned, I was just reading an essay from an excellent lawyer that you might like. I thought I remember that you support the death penalty for mass murderers?
Let me guess, is it somehow related to George Bush?
Bush should get the chair.
i'd love to see you defending the chimp against Bugliosi. heh
-wy
What's the hold up William? Go ahead and try to impeach him. It appears that a whole bunch o' Dems are inclined to "defend[]" "the chimp."
you know ned, you remind me of this guy
anyone ever tell you that?
-wy
Yes, Alfred E. Neuman. I was a long-time MAD subscriber; gave it up when I became an adult.
But, has anyone ever told you that your Environmental and Lefty alarmism kind of remind me of this litany?
# Make many incorrect inferences from evidence.
* Uncritically accept that many problems are `our most serious problem.’
* Uncritically accept insufficient evidence that supports their beliefs.
*Uncritically trust people who tell them what they want to hear.
Post a Comment