Yeah. What Hillary said.
Update: For some reason, a significant part of Hillary's comments are being left out of most of the reports. Here's a boat load of info on the statements. She also said,
"You know, I spoke out against Don Imus (who was fired from his radio and television shows after making racially insensitive remarks), saying that hate speech was unacceptable in any setting, and I believe that," Clinton said. "I just think you have to speak out against that. You certainly have to do that, if not explicitly, then implicitly by getting up and moving."(emphasis added)
8 comments:
During the Clinton presidency, Bill and Hillary Clinton attended Foundry United Methodist Church. The senior minister at that church released the following comment on Rev. Jeremiah Wright.
"The Reverend Jeremiah Wright is an outstanding church leader whom I have heard speak a number of times. He has served for decades as a profound voice for justice and inclusion in our society.
He has been a vocal critic of the racism, sexism and homophobia which still tarnish the American dream. To evaluate his dynamic ministry on the basis of two or three sound bites does a grave injustice to Dr. Wright, the members of his congregation, and the African-American church which has been the spiritual refuge of a people that has suffered from discrimination, disadvantage, and violence. Dr. Wright, a member of an integrated denomination, has
been an agent of racial reconciliation while proclaiming perceptions and truths uncomfortable for some white people to hear. Those of us who are white Americans would do well to listen carefully to Dr.
Wright rather than to use a few of his quotes to polarize. This is a critical time in America's history as we seek to repent of our racism.
No matter which candidates prevail, let us use this time to listen again to one another and not to distort one another's truth."
Dean J. Snyder, Senior Minister
Foundry United Methodist Church
March 19, 2008
Paging Hillary!
Hey "anonymous" are you on vacation in Canada?
Ned,
Since the mainstram media won't issue more than soundbites to the general public, why don't you try doing some investigating into "The Fellowship?"
"Through all of her years in Washington, Clinton has been an active participant in conservative Bible study and prayer circles that are part of a secretive Capitol Hill group known as the Fellowship."
-http://www.motherjones.com/news/feature/2007/09/hillarys-prayer.html
Want to know what "The Felloship" is all about?
-http://www.insider-magazine.com/ChristianMafia.htm
Of course, it's easier to slam Wright on a few soundbites because we all know what a touchy subject "race" in this country is.
Hey man (if that's what you are) I don't want to HURT Hillary?
But "The Fellowship," from what I've read, sounds like a legit (from the perspective of an Evangelical) organization. Frankly, I'm suspicious of Hillary's motives for being involved, but I should assume the best.
But unlike a professional comedian, I'm not just trying to get a laugh or attract attention--I'm interested in the truth getting out about candidates so that people can make an informed choice for president. I think attending a Black Liberation church for 20 years is significant info. But thanks for the links about The Fellowship. I'll check 'em out.
Ned--Ck out my post from yesterday about Hillary lying again and requesting counsel from someone who made racist remarks.
I would like to settle the Rev,. Wright issue. he was quoting Edward Peck the former Ambassador to Iraq. Please google him and you will see what he had ti say following 9/11.
Sure you would like to "settle" the Rev. Wright issue. But surely you're not saying that Wright's views are being mischaracterized?
Sharon,
No doubt that the Clintons lie, but in this context I think she probably is telling the truth about not being a member at a Black Liberation church. And, for the record, are you condemning Clinton's behavior (in his personal life) and condemning associations with the Rev. Jackson?
Post a Comment