Thursday, April 05, 2007

Bob Krumm » evil emails

Bob Krumm has a great post/link (evil emails) to a Scripps Howard op/ed detailing the plain ol' spite generated by the Tennessee Center for Policy Research's expose of Al Gore's environmental hypocrisy.

Here's the link to the Scripps Howard article.

10 comments:

William said...

Now, in case you haven't heard, we learn from the Reverend Jerry Falwell that Al Gore is in league with Satan:

WRIC, Richmond: The Reverend Falwell says global warming is "Satan's attempt to redirect the church's primary focus" from evangelism to environmentalism, and that "naive Christian leaders" are being "duped by arguments like those presented in former Vice President Al Gore's documentary."

Gore teams up with Satan to dupe Christian leaaders.

ned said...

Well, there's a difference in saying Al Gore is a dupe who's duping others, and saying Al Gore is "in league with Satan."

But you probably don't believe in a Satan or a supernatural/spiritual reality, do you?

Personally, there are any number of things that distract my focus (politics, for example) from the Great Commission, but Environmentalism isn't one of them--and I'm not sure Rick Warren and others (not to mention Al Gore) are influential enough among the Church to distract it from Evangelism to any significant degree. Though Gore's sure trying his best . . . and I think he's sincere (even though I think he's wrong and sort of naive/shortsighted/gullible).

William said...

I just thought it was funny.

btw ... my girlfriend says hi. You guys had a quite a relationship at one time I hear.

ned said...

Yikes, it's not Ellie, is it? Or is it from some other "sphere"?

William said...

Whoa, you remember Elliemae? that's great!

ned said...

How could I forget her?

But it doesn't surprise me that you might (a) be channeling Elliemay or (b) get along just fine with her.

William said...

She got disgusted with the blog scene ... too busy doing her bio research to be bothered I guess. She thinks I'm addicted.

Sorry Ned, but I think you disgusted her.

ned said...

I don't doubt it . . . darkness flees from the light . . . just kidding, but let's be clear here, I broke up with her, not vice versa.

William said...

She actually got me interested in blogs. She gave me a folder of blogs entitled: 'wingnuts' ... that's how i found your blog, and several others that I like to recreationally harass. Fun fun.

ned said...

Yes, and the feeling's mutual (toward you and her).

Happy Easter--my wife just woke up and (appropriately) looked at me with a furrowed brow.