Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Yikes, on the subject of McCain

Here's a fascinating report about the Democrat Party and Hillary and McCain. First, it's interesting to me that many Democrats love Sen. Hillary Clinton but realize that a majority of their fellow citizens aren't as enamoured with her--I commend them for their self-awareness (I guess a LONG string of electoral butt whuppin's are beginning to register).

Second, it's interesting that 55% of Dems polled had a FAVORABLE view of Sen. John McCain . . . that should tell us something about what makes him popular.

Lastly, I believe it is probably best that the muddled middle of the American electorate not hold sway over who the parties nominate. Policy is about ideas, and the leadership or charisma quotient of a candidate is only relevant in the context of what ideas said person will seek to advance. We don't need mushy-headed thinkers to be leading us with charisma toward nowhere.

No comments: