Over at Googlenews (typically my first stop when I get online), I came across this story, "8,000 Desert During Iraq War." "Wow," I thought, "how sad that this unpopular war (for Oil!) is driving service people to such dishonorable actions."
Then I read the actual article and learned a couple of interesting facts: the rate of desertions has "plunged" since 9/11; the rate of desertions is lower now than before the Iraq war; there has only been ONE desertion in Iraq; 58% of deserters return to their post. Kind of puts it in perspective, huh? Kind of begs the question, "where's the story?"
To show you the impact of such non-news stories (which are printed simply because they may suggest that Bush is the worst president in history), do you think it is a coincidence that the top two journals running the article (without most of the facts I cited above) are two RED Chinese newspapers? Our enemies love the Mainstream Media.
Hello world!
7 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment