And one nice thing about Thanksgiving is that it is the beginning of the "Holiday Season," so it can serve as a nice warm-up. In that vein, Lindsay Ferrier has a nice essay on how she spent her last Thursday in November. From the article (Suburban Turmoil: A holiday to remember | Nashville City Paper)
When I first became a wife and mother, I was determined to have the perfect family holiday experience — the kind of thing I knew existed because I’d seen it on Hallmark commercials.
Dressed in a vintage hostess apron, I’d stand nonchalantly behind a polished mahogany table laden with gourmet delicacies and festive sugared treats. Dozens of family members would cross our cheery threshold wearing their Lands’ End best and carrying professionally wrapped gifts and bottles of wine. The whole scene would be bathed in the warm glow of candlelight, with twinkling lights and real pine garlands in the fuzzy background.
No comments:
Post a Comment