I kind of regret that I'm already on vacation, because I'd kind of like to call in "gay" on tomorrow's "Day without a Gay" (well, not really). But how does one qualify?
Those gay activists sure are clever, but I think they're too clever by half, as the question above reflects the biggest weakness in the "gay is the new black" spin: sexual attraction can hardly be said to be immutable, like skin color or gender.
Dang, I just realized they might have to shut down Disney tomorrow . . .
Hello world!
7 years ago
2 comments:
Religion isn't immutable, either. At any time, you can choose what religious beliefs to have. Driving down any American street you are faced with the choices all thanks to laws that protect religious choices and freedoms.
I personally think it's a good thing Christians support people's right to choose a lifestyle that worships the many gods of Hindu, Allah, serpents and other spirits. It's so wonderful to see Christian's hold dear the protection of religious choices even though the law protects people's right to bring their own children down the path to Hell. What's curious is how instead of focusing on banning things that garantee a soul's place in Hell that they focus on denying equal rights to gays and lesbians.
Good points, Christian, but is doing homosexual acts a form of religious practice now? And I'd say that you are free to "believe" in homosexuality and even "practice" homosexuality in America. Forcing everyone to treat or even view same-sex "unions" the same as we treat natural "unions" is a different story. I and a majority of Americans aren't convinced that we should.
Post a Comment