Thursday, August 21, 2008

Gold medals and the 20 something %

What a shock to see--in a typically annoying (to me, at least) Olympic "winner's circle" interview last evening, Misty May-Treanor and Kerri Walsh going out of their way to speak highly of the President (approvingly, you might say).

On the heels of Kobe Bryant's refreshingly patriotic comments the other day, this Olympics' "human interest" stuff is almost inspiring. Maybe McCain can make inroads with the Soccer Mom demographic this election.

4 comments:

William said...

I dig Shawn Johnson's Peace Sign earings... you?

ned said...

Yeah, I noticed those. She and I are together on that one, unless she believes in peace through weakness. You?

William said...

Yea, weakness and incompetence that has allowed the Taliban to grow stronger, bin Laden to escape , and the worst attack ever on America.... definitely not that kind of strength or track record.

ned said...

Isn't it amazing, William? The American voter thinks even LESS of your ability to keep America safe. But such partisan endgaming helps to explain why you guys are always pulling against America.