At the risk of suppressing the vote of my people (disenfranchising them!!) I have to comment on this post(here)--linked over at Volunteer Voters, detailing accusations that the GOP gubernatorial candidate in Florida has engaged in homosexual sex with a rising star in the world of GOP operatives. I had similar impressions while reading Mark Foley reports that disclosed facts beyond those narrowly aimed at harming the GOP--in other words, reports which glossed over the homosexuality and zeroed in on the pederasty. But, to my point . . .
I'm struck by how sexually obsessed the homosexual subculture is. I think this fixation is apparent to any intellectually-honest, reasonably-perceptive observer of popular culture, and it is perhaps the elephant in the room (our cultural family room, if you will) to declare that such a fixation is not a good thing, inasmuch as sex divorced from love and commitment is an empty, unsatisfying and certainly unedifying action.
Which reminds me of something Ann Coulter has written on the subject. While I have only watched "Sex and the City" a couple times (occasionally catching random portions of tasteless programming is a hazard of channel-surfing), it is pretty obvious that the show has earned a spot in our era's time capsule. Coulter has asserted, as best I can remember, that the program--which is written and produced by two homosexual men (?), is a metaphor of the homosexual subculture, and the show was an effort to "mainstream" or normalize the sexually-obsessed "gay" culture.
Whether or not she is correct about "Sex and the City," I can't help but conclude that her observations about homosexuality are on the money. Is it any wonder that Americans have a difficult time believing that "gay marriage" is really about "loving couples" in "committed," "long-term" relationships?
2 comments:
I'm struck by how sexually obsessed the homosexual subculture is.
Examples? If you can, please show me how homosexuals are more sexually obsessed than heterosexuals.
It's an impression . . . that was the point of the post; just something that leaps out from the articles I referenced.
But "sex" is pervasive in "gay media" (e.g., websites, programs, advertisements, comedy). Sure, there is a portion of even the normal, non-homosexual culture that is obsessed with sex, but the visible portion of the homosexual subculture that is not sexual in nature is almost non-existent. Heck, to avoid distraction from my argument, I have to read and re-read any post on a homosexual subject to make sure that I don't say something like "the principle that stood out to me . . ."; it just seems like people who do homosexual acts have a one-track mind.
Post a Comment