Man am I tired of the whining about the so-called "Playboy Bunny" ad in the Tennessee Senate Race (here, here, and here -- thanks to Volunteer Voters for tracking this crap).
First, it isn't racist. It's impossible to prove a negative, but I defy the critics to rewrite the ad in such a way that it communicates jetsetting-bachelor-who-shouldn't-be-your-next-senator without being subject to cries of RACISM!!!!! from partisan Dems. It appears the only way not to appeal to racism if you're a Republican is to not run ads. Lefties are now claiming that the soundtrack on this ad uses african drums when Junior's name is mentioned, while using stringed instruments when whitie's name is mentioned. Hmmm, then I wonder why the Corker campaign used the virtually same soundtrack behind this ad with only whitey in it?
Second, it isn't "serious" . . . it's sarcasm . . . it's humor. It is a light-hearted ad (a genre which I will submit is less "negative" and deleterious-to-democracy than "serious" ads) which points out--in a humorous way, the things about Ford that Conservatives don't like--pretty face/empty suit, gun-controller, playboy, taxophile, Media-elite-sweetheart. Though Corker has said he thought it was tacky, I think he was just being PC (boy, he can't even get credit--like most Conservatives, for trying to placate the Left). But regarding that ad, there was nothing to be ashamed of, nothing to apologize for, nothing to "yank" from the air.
I suppose the more that you folks on the Left repeat the mantra (even if it is based in ignorance--such as when Liberal Tennessee politico Larry Woods hadn't even seen the ad but opined ad nauseum on it with Steve Gill this a.m.), it becomes reality. Well, this is my little rebuttal to your media advantage.
Hello world!
7 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment