Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Theocracy or a return to our senses?

It may be just a fundraising ploy, but I believe many on the Left really fear that America is one election away from becoming a theocracy. For example, successful efforts to protect the traditional definition of "marriage," while dawdling to me, are daunting from the Left's perspective. But to all you who aren't sure what to think, I urge you not to worry.

As David Klinghofer writes in this op/ed, the reality is that recent rightward movement in public policy is merely a sensible return to policies from which there was no need to "progress." Please read it yourself and share your thoughts.

5 comments:

Oberon said...

.......snake oil salesman.....that's what i think of when i'm being sold a bill of goods......it's not about left or right......it's about the truth.....be honest......how much do you really know?

Sean Braisted said...

Many of those who wrote the Constitution were Diests, they are far from the rapture obsessed Christian right that is trying to reshape the world to fit John's vision, thereby ushering in the Apocalypse.

ned said...

Sean,
What is your basis for this outrageous assertion?

Apparently I missed the meeting where we in the Religious Right decided to oppose homosexual marriage, partial-birth abortion and the eradication of the only democracy in the Middle East in order to "usher[] in the Apocalypse."

Sean Braisted said...

That was outrageous..it is Isaiah, not John.

ned said...

Wow, I need to visit that site or watch Robertson's show more often . . . like more than this one time. But thanks for helping me to understand why I vote the way I do.