Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Dems and their lack of self-awareness

I would love for Joe Lieberman to have to run as an independent in the Connecticut U.S. Senate race, because it would demonstrate how out of the mainstream Dem diehards are in Connecticut and most other states. Lieberman is about the only Democrat in the entire nation with any bipartisan credibility. Connecticut Democrats, please, PLEASE defeat Lieberman in the Democrat primary!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

well, it's always difficult to have an opinion on something you don't know much about.

It so happens with me and politics. I mean, ask me about music or books or physics but.. no politics, please hehe

However, there are a few things I do consider regarding Bush:

1- I cannot possibly be sure whether he's a liar, a maniac, a dumb-head or a true christian. Obviously I'd like to think so. I like some of the internal politics such as not being in favor of gay-marriage and things that are supported by Scripture.

2- about invading Iraq. That's a tough subject, no doubt about it. But put it this way, back in the OT God clearly spoke to the leaders before they attacked a land. God didn't directly speak to the people however, so why couldn't he be doing the same now??

3 - I remember a guy named Frank Dietz spoke at my church one day and he said he'd travelled to Finland where a boy asked him:
'what is the USA doing in Iraq' and he answered:
'you're asking the wrong question so you're gonna get the wrong answer'.

Real question is: what is GOD doing in Iraq? We tend to forget nothing in the world happens unless GOd's allowed it.

It'll always be hard for me to accept war but I trust God's in charge.

ned said...

I don't believe God spoke to Bush in an audible voice about the decision to remove Saddam Hussein (and I don't believe Bush has ever asserted such); and despite the rantings of the Left, there is no evidence that Bush has ever "lied" about anything; and because I support taking the fight to the Islamofascists, I don't think he is a "dumb-head" for his middle east policy (granted, he's a terrible public speaker, but that's only icing on the cake of leadership).

Re. the Dietz quote: in a sense, God is responsible for everything that happens, but that doesn't mean that we are not responsible for our actions or that our actions are of no consequence . . . His having dominion doesn't mean that we don't have any freedom. But I perceive that you already hold this view, so I may be preaching to the choir.