Tennessee Democratic Party Chairman Chip Forrester said he was appalled by the recent callous statements made by House Republican Caucus Chairman Glen Casada who has introduced legislation ending unemployment benefits for Tennessee families with dependent children.(emphasis added)
Casada’s bill, HB3206, was defeated in the House Subcommittee on Employee Affairs on Wednesday despite state Reps. Donna Rowland of Murfreesboro and Mark White of Memphis voting for it.
“Well, I think we all need you to do the best you can to find a job, is what I suggest,” Casada replied during the hearing when asked how affected families should feed their children without the benefits.
Forrester said Casada’s unconcern for the state’s struggling families underscores the fundamental difference between the General Assembly’s Democrats and its Republicans.
“In times like these, many working families are temporarily between jobs, through no fault of their own, and need the help of their friends and neighbors while they get back on their feet,” Forrester said. “I cannot believe someone can be so uncaring."
Well, do you think they could ask their "friends and neighbors"--not to mention their family, for the help, instead of the government? And I guess Tennessee Democrats consider 100 weeks on unemployment to be "temporar[]y"?
P.S. This may be nitpicking, but I think Chip Forrester accredits the words of Christ to John the Baptist. In any event, stop ramming your religion down our throats, Chip.
No comments:
Post a Comment