The WaPo has an article about how Obama will handle demands from "the Black community" going forward. I hadn't really focused on this issue prior to now, but it is interesting to consider the implications on America's fundamental governing values presented by blacks demanding something for their community. All of their demands--I perceive, revolve around ensuring equal outcomes from living life in the U.S. Unfortunately, ensuring equal economic outcomes rather than equal equal economic opportunity equals socialism.
Choosing School Unions over children in the area of Education policy. Aiding and abetting The "Community Reinvestment Act" shakedown in the area of Economic policy. Replacing fathers with public assistance in the area of social policy. These have been [arguably] well-intended policies, but we can see their fruit. Indeed, any intellectually honest person can observe the sour fruit of socialist policies.
Obama was heralded by many as a transformational post-racial politician. I hope that he represents the dawn of post-racial policies.
Hello world!
7 years ago
3 comments:
I suspect Obama is getting pushed and pulled from every special interest group under the sun, in addition to feeling the "freight of being iconic."
Perhaps that's why he described himself as a "mutt" the other day at the press conference - a quiet way of placing himself on unique footing from any of the communities wanting comeuppance after eight years of Republican leadership.
All I can say is, I'm glad I don't have to answer to the uber-liberal illuminati. Sure, my face hasn't been drawn on a Spanish beach, like his, and no mountains on tropical isles are being renamed after me.
But I don't owe anything to the Chicago Daleys: priceless.
Some things, money can't buy.
Don't forget Palin in the cornfield (LOL). Hers was a prettier face.
Yes, it will be interesting to see how far Obama is willing to let himself be boxed up by the constituency who voted for him to the tune of 92 percent and will feel they have a mandate of some kind.
Yes, I'd be a bit more concerned about those machine-thug-illuminati, too.
But I don't owe anything to the Chicago Daleys: priceless.
Yes; I think the hardest thing about politics is (would be) "owing" people for their support.
Post a Comment