Maybe you're not looking for it, but Anne Coulter has written the best (worst?) smack-down of McCain for President you'll find. ("'Straight Talk' Express Takes Scenic Route to Truth" - HUMAN EVENTS). Maybe you're not looking for it because you aren't interested in voting for Romney, Paul or Huckabee (did I really just include Ron Paul in the list of persons you can vote for in the GOP presidential primary?). Maybe you're not looking for it because you believe McCain when he says he has changed his mind about the litany of non-Republican or non-Conservative political stances in his (not too distant) past. Coulter details and documents the litany.
Fellow Tennessean Roger Abramson has scolded Republicans who can't bring themselves to support John McCain.* That's fine. And just as I don't owe him an answer about whom I'm supporting, neither does he owe me an answer, but I am curious which of the two reasons justifies his support--at this stage, for McCain. Of course, there's at least one other reason for supporting McCain . . . some people just don't buy all this Conservative stuff when push comes to shove.
*Incidentally, another local Conservative (no offense intended Roger)--Nathan Moore, agreed with Roger at the time, but Nathan has now come out in support of Romney.
Hello world!
7 years ago
2 comments:
Hehe, it was a very interesting article. The opening line was the best:
"John McCain is Bob Dole minus the charm, conservatism and youth. "
Yes. Love her or hate her, Ann Coulter is clever.
Post a Comment