"Once the Republican heir apparent, McCain's campaign plunged close to extinction this year, as a cash crunch and his unpopular support for the Iraq war and moderate line on illegal immigration took a toll."(emphasis mine) McCain's support for the Iraq War only hurt him among Ron Paul supporters . . . no other Republican primary voters.
The writer later makes this statement, indicating that McCain's "comeback" is somehow related . . . maybe among his one-time supporters among the media elite, but--again, not among GOP primary voters:
Recently, he staked out fierce opposition to the use of torture on terror suspects, and unusually for a Republican candidate, called for a serious effort to tackle global warming.
3 comments:
I hate to be the one to break it to you but it's not rumor,we are back and here to stay. I think that maybe the myth may have been you saying was that his campaign was over and that there wasn't a chance of a comeback. You reckon?
I hate to be the one to break it to you but it's not rumor,we are back and here to stay. I think that maybe the myth may have been you saying was that his campaign was over and that there wasn't a chance of a comeback. You reckon?
Well, no, I don't reckon. The "myth" to which I was referring was that any comeback was related to changed circumstances in Iraq or to his position on global warming.
And congrats on your apparent comeback, but it's a little early to start gloating.
Post a Comment