"but [Corker] must remember that he's being measured against someone who was willing to disclose more than he has so far."Big honking whup; "the Ford, Jr. Standard" of disclosure . . . what might Ford, Jr.'s returns show us? That he has been a successful businessman, job creator, entrepreneur, etc.?
But the fact that a political opponent demands some type of information from you doesn't mean you're avoiding accountability or not being "open" by refusing to provide it to him. Surely Mr. Sparks and Ford, Jr. can appreciate the democratic principle of privacy. If Ford, Jr. wants to release his returns, good for him, but it is neither dishonest--much less hypocritical (as in desiring the spread of "democracy"), to release the summaries of one's tax returns. If Sparks (or Ford, Jr.) has any suspicions, let's hear 'em; enough insinuating.
2 comments:
Kindly remove my name from this item. You are quoting an editorial in The Commercial Appeal and it may be credited accordingly. I did not write the editorial, I did no reporting on the subject and I haven't discussed the issue with anyone then or now.
I guess I will, but I certainly didn't pull your name out of nowhere. Haven't been able to find the CA article op/ed, though.
Post a Comment