Saturday, July 29, 2006

Turning a page . . .


I can still remember the day that I learned to ride a bike . . . while visiting my grandmother in Georgia, a neighbor boy--the veterinarian's son, urged me to ride his bike in the soft sand of an unpaved Wilmington Island driveway. Hopefully, my daughter will always remember this day when, on a whim, we removed her training wheels and turned a page in her young life's story.

Well, she was successful on her first attempt, and you may not be able to see it in this picture, but I'd say I was more intense than she was . . . she has been ready to take this step for awhile, I think.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah Kate! Please tell her we're so proud. AND, next time y'all come to visit maybe we can make a trip to Callaway to ride bikes. B-man hasn't made his maiden voyage yet, but it's an Isaacson tradition that when they make the route in their own power, they choose a Callaway t-shirt to commemorate the accomplishment! We just renewed our membership but haven't been since Christmas. Love you. K