Saturday, July 01, 2006

DP Debate over

From: MJB
7/1/06, 5:21 pm

"[A] style that is emotionless"? Ned, you sound furious. You are not a good example of Christ, but that is an issue for another message. Excepting some allusions to other political events, I have been sticking to the issue of state killing.

You shouldn't've published my messages to you w/out my permission, Ned.


------------------------------

From: Ned (posted, but not emailed--got to stick to my word, don't I?)
7/1/06, 5:43 pm

MJB,

You obviously concluded that I had written less emotionally in an earlier email than a later one. The record speaks for itself as far as your other assertions; I definitely make mistakes and commit sins, but I'll sleep with a clear conscience tonight.

And you don't have any right to keep me from "publishing" emails that you sent to me, just as you can't control who I allow to read it. I guess it would be wise for you to include such expectations in any future emails you send to strangers about things you've already posted--under a pseudonym, on a web forum. Are you concerned about anything you've written? Certainly there is little value to hastily drafted emails. I might consider pulling them down but I don't feel guilty for posting them.

Sincerely,
Ned

**Incidentally, I have posted our entire dialogue without excluding anything, other than MJB's real name and email address.

1 comment:

Serr8d said...

I've also debated MJB via email, on the DP.

My question to him is, why do you spend so much time holding candles in the rain at prisons prior to the carrying out of the legitimate sentences (long delayed and thererore a fraction of their value as a deterrent that an immediate execution would be) and worrying about the 'random collection of soulless molecules' implied by your nonbelief in a creation or even an Intelligent Design, when most of your company out there in the rain are members of the clergy, churches, and people worried about the soul of the soon-to-be dispatched. In other words, if the guy is just a chance happenstance in this world and has no soul or anyone to answer to, why worry? Maybe in a billion years or so the random chances will align, and he will be back...

(By the way, I found you by google search for MJB and Nashville City Paper).