Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Woodward, the Grinch who stole fitzmas

If you haven't heard, Bob Woodward--investigative reporter extraordinaire, is really stealing the Left's Fitzmas. The transcript of Woodward's appearance on Larry King Live! (I love that exclamation point) is very interesting, in particular, this statement in response to King's questioning Woodward about not coming forward with info he had about the Plame affair:

You know the significance of this is yet to be determined and what's the good news in all of this is when it all comes out, and hopefully it will come out, people will see how casual and offhand this was. Remember, the investigation and the allegations that people have printed about this story is that there's some vast conspiracy to slime Joe Wilson and his wife, really attack him in an ugly way that is outside of the boundaries of political hardball.The evidence I had firsthand, small piece of the puzzle I acknowledge, is that that was not the case. So, I'm trying to find out and focus on immense questions about are we going to go to war in Iraq? How are we going to do it? What is the nature of Powell's position? What did Cheney do? What was the CIA's role? How good was the intelligence on all of this?I think at this point I was learning things like that the CIA Director George Tenet went in and told the president the intelligence on WMD in Iraq was a slam dunk. That was new. That was the basis of this incredibly critical decision the president and his war cabinet were making on do we invade Iraq?

Wow, the Watergate icon is saying, there's nothing to the Plame affair. HeeHeeHee.

No comments: