Wednesday, August 05, 2009

They're just not that in to Paula Abdul

I don't watch American Idol, and though I've always marveled at how (dumb) lucky Paula Abdul was to be on the show, I haven't been following the subject of her future with the show at all. Accordingly, I was curious to read that she was leaving the show and curious to see that it appeared to be her decision. Her twitter statement read,
With sadness in my heart, I've decided not to return to IDOL. I'll miss nurturing all the new talent, but most of all being a part of a show that I helped from day 1 become an international phenomenon.
The self-congratulatory phrase was intriguing, too.
But then, all the way at the end of the article, they report that auditions for the show begin TOMORROW, and American Idol's producers had not even offered her a contract. Indeed, Abdul and her agent are "very sad[]" that she lost this gig.

No comments: