Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Thank you Cathy McBroom

This story about the sexual and ethical misconduct (I don't separate the two, actually) of Federal Judge Samuel B. Kent is very troubling--on a variety of levels, but apparently the story will have a somewhat satisfying ending because of the courage of Cathy McBroom in risking her job to come forward with charges against the judge.

One section of the report is particularly inspiring:
In the most emotional moment [of her testimony before a House impeachment body], Wilkerson described trying to tell her teenage daughter to never endure any sexual misconduct, even if it meant harsh consequences such as losing her job.


"How could I look her in the face and tell her these things when I couldn't do it myself," she said, her voice cracking. "So I had to come forward. I had to do the right thing."


Here's the latest on the case.

No comments: