. . . about Super Tuesday.
--I think Republican voters demonstrated their independence from "BigTalkRadio" --Rush, Hannity, Ingraham and locally Steve Gill (re. McCain and Huckabee), and even their independence from the GOP Establishment (re. Huckabee). All the forces arrayed against Mike Huckabee and John McCain fell way short of their objective. And this is coming from someone who pulled the lever for Romney.
--I am amazed that Democrats aren't flocking to Barack Obama. Maybe it is because I--as a Republican doing battle with Bill Clinton over the past what-seems-like-an-eternity, have difficulty even imagining what it feels like to want to vote for someone surnamed Clinton. Maybe it's because I am legitimately (in my opinion) optimistic that bigotry in the American does NOT makes Obama unelectable. Maybe it is because I can't ever remember "lack of qualification" for office being a deal-breaker for Democratic voters. Anyway, I'm amazed.
--I kind of like that the closeness and general state of flux of the primaries this go 'round are forcing Americans to bone up on civics and pay attention to the process. It was cool yesterday that several friends called me with questions about deciphering the Tennessee ballot (information which I had to dig up).
Hello world!
7 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment