. . . However, if we do have a huge victory on November 7th, I won't be in the least bit disappointed to bid this "we are going to lose" paranoia good bye. I can't stand always having my gut and the back of my mind telling me that we are going to lose. I also desperately want validation for all of the progress we have made since 2002 as both a movement and as a party. We have to win just so we can all believe again that we can win, and so that we know that all of the work we put into this is worth it. If things don't go well on November 7th, it is hard to imagine just how crippling it will be to our morale as a movement and as a party. We can't let that happen. . . .As a Tennessee Vol fan over the past 10 years, I can understand this feeling. All those years facing Steve Spurrier we really wanted to beat Florida. We didn't want to win because of a trick play or because the Gators played horribly. Of course, we were willing to accept simply a "W," but even going into the 4th quarter with a lead we often felt like the Football gods would make sure the best man won.
If you can only win because your candidates talk like Republicans, or because of the perception that the Congress is more corrupt than it would be with a Dem majority, or that Democrats would be able to lower the price of gas, or that Dems would be less tolerant of pederasty-or-whatever than Republicans . . . then winning just isn't as gratifying.
There's a lot of time between now and Nov. 7th, and I would submit that even if control of Congress switches to the Democrat Party, the "paranoia" among thinking Dems won't go away.


No comments:
Post a Comment