Monday, November 24, 2008

A blessing for gaydom, by whatever means necessary

It has been somewhat amusing to watch the outrage of the militant homosexual movement after losing on Prop 8. I guess they thought that rejection by California was the final insult, so now they're really going to get serious. Uh oh.

And in a sense, I mean that. The Left will stoop to almost any anti-Democratic level to get what it wants, as this National Review Op/ed discusses. They have the Mormon Church in their sights, and they'll be targeting the rest of us (i.e., 81% of Tennesseans) before long.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Out of curiosity, do you think it's militant to try to constitutionally ban legalized divorce? I can't imagine any other law that allows the destruction of marriage more than legalized divorce. Well, actually the protection of religious choices is probably the one law that paves the way to hell for so many more people who use that law to choose to worship false Gods, but we can address that later.

I'm trying to figure out what efforts both the militant homosexuals and the militant Christians would support, and it does seem like protecting marriage and children from laws designed to tear families apart is a good start. What do you think?

ned said...

I'm not sure what "militant Christians" you're talking about, at least with regard to homosexuality or "constitutionally ban[ning] legalized divorce," but I may be missing something.

The militant homosexual movement--in California at least, is not concerned about the rights that go with what has traditionally been referred to as "marriage." They had all that in California. They want society's blessing for sexual activity with others of the same sex. And for sure, homosexuals demanding the right of same-sex marriage would not support making divorce harder to get.

Sean Braisted said...

Ugh, these gays are really starting to scare me. Maybe we can concentrate them in some camps somewhere?

ned said...

Nice try, Sean.

But perhaps we could try/impeach you and the judges that "find" such "rights" in the Constitution for Crimes against the Constitution or war crimes or something?

Sean Braisted said...

That would be the inevitable progression of events should the cultural warriors come to control the Government.

The question is, do you just kill those who don't agree with you, lock them away on some labor camp, or try re-education camps? I mean, I know there are Christian Parents already invoking the third option, but maybe we can expand it nationally?

ned said...

"inevitable progression"? Gimme a break, Sean. And could you be clear on who you mean by "cultural warriors"?

You are misreading my post, it appears, so I'll reiterate the point. Some people in this case, Militant Homosexual branch of the Left) are willing to use intimidation and certainly dictates from rogue courts to impose their views on the unwilling/unpersuaded. That's cause for concern, regardless of your ideology.

N.S. Allen said...

...It really says something that social conservatives don't see the irony, here. After years and years of boycotting companies who dared to even openly court GLBT customers, of pretending that protections for GLBT citizens would somehow infringe on freedom of speech and freedom of religion, and of vilifying gays and lesbians as immoral deviants out to convert America's innocent youth, suddenly, they're shocked (shocked!) that opponents of Prop 8 are protesting, publicizing, and making a fuss.

Don't get me wrong - threats, vandalism, and so on and so forth are always wrong. But it's sickening to see people on the right get self-righteous when extremists on our side do things that are, in the grand scheme of things, juvenile and unimportant. Social conservatives ought to remember that the crazies on their side kill gays and lesbians, when they go too far.

Likewise, the mainstream heat that the GLBT community and its allies will put on Prop 8 supporters will never be anywhere near as god-awful as the stuff that anti-gay forces have put out on the GLBT community. No one's ever going to not-so-subtly imply that Prop 8 supporters are pedophiles. And no kid's ever going to get kicked out of his parents' home because he voted for Prop 8.

ned said...

Well, I'm speaking for myself and not any other social conservative, but I'm amused, not shocked, NS.

And while I think you're exaggerating the threat of violence against homosexuals, I certainly reject violence, and I regret that some who reject homosexual activity as normative are harsh or judgmental.

I'm unconvinced that re-defining marriage to include same-sex relationships will benefit society. A healthy majority of Americans share my perspective on the issue. I promise to continue condemning violence and illicit actions in connection to this debate . . . I hope you will, too.